Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
- Police record average of more than 150 internet-fueled crimes daily
- Prison trebled number of sex offender inmates to tackle serious violence problems
- Victims missing out as morale plummets for overworked detectives
- Police chief backs 'Sammy's law' to waive crimes committed by abuse victims
- Almost 20 per cent of all CPS cases are domestic abuse related or sexual offences
- Let officers pursue criminals without living in fear of being pursued themselves
- Government report claims to show evidence of 'disproportionate' number of deaths
- Pioneering scheme could reduce number of domestic abusers re-offending
- Northumbria officers attacked and constable knocked unconscious
- Home Secretary says stop and search can be used to 'confront' acid attacks
- Record number of prisoners freed by mistake
- Outgoing chief talks direct entry, police degrees and training overseas
- Probation reform under scrutiny after ministers adjust contracts
- New manslaughter sentencing guidelines proposed
- Damning report into privatised prison probation service
- Report reveals young inmates were able to watch sexually-explicit content
- Met drafting in team of retired detectives to coach trainees
- Met apologise after 'excessive force' restraint death at mental health institution
- Tory PCC thanks police for their professionalism as CPS decides against prosecution over election expenses
- Cloud evidence management systems to be a powerful tool in collaborative working
- Harassment notices to be reviewed after General Election
- 'An assault on a police officer should never be seen as part of the job'
- Groups welcome tougher penalties for speeding motorists
- Extremist prisoners to be moved to 'jails within jails' to tackle radicalisation
- Dyfed-Powys Police secures Wales first conviction for hot tapping
- Reviews of serious reoffending by prisoners should be reviewed say ministers
New restorative action plan released
Ensuring all victims have equal access to restorative justice is highlighted as a key aim.
Work with Offenders is the job site for the offender rehabilitation and supervision work community. The job site has a registered audience of over 20,000 professionals and receives a little over 10,000 unique visits per month.
Our audience is made up of probation & prison service professionals and rehabilitation & intervention professionals such as substance misuse, educational and employment professionals.
The common denominator to our audience is they all work with offenders to deliver better outcomes for both the individual and society.
The Offender Rehabilitation & Supervision work community offers a range of career paths and employer choices.
Every mature society debates the merits of punishment versus rehabilitation and supervision versus intervention.
The reality is there is a matrix of organizations doing their best to make positive impacts in the lives of offenders to steer them away from repeat offending.
To be kept informed about the full range of work opportunities from this diverse work community register today.