Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
- Time for jail terms up to a year to be scrapped, say MPs
- New advice line for victims is best practice for rest of UK forces
- Our public-private probation system is irredeemably flawed
- The knife crime crisis is real
- Force on restraint storm: Edited footage of viral video did not show officers being attacked
- Prisons go high-tech to crack down on drugs
- My 30 years as an adrenaline junkie pounding the streets where I live
- Chief: Novichok pushed us to our limit
- Five officers cleared of misconduct in Sean Rigg case
- Manchester Arena families call for more transparency from police
- Government urged to turn regional study on prison crime into national template
- Make the punishment fit the criminal
- Private probation provider Working Links goes into administration
- Strength of the Fed 100 years on: Not bad for an organisation set up to fail
- And the new Chief Inspector of Probation is
- New Chief of Prisons and Probation
- Ten things you (probably) dont know about crime
- Met officers to be given £350 bonus
- Our prisons are getting more dangerous
- Officers fail to have misconduct case thrown out in Sean Rigg case
- Bid to increase medieval age of criminal responsibility above 12 in Scotland is rejected
- Half of magistrates courts closed since 2010
- Government to cut the prison population?
- What is the 10 prisons project?
- Prison officer jailed for smuggling steroids and phones
- Officer loses job but keeps licence after being caught twice the drink-drive limit
New restorative action plan released
Ensuring all victims have equal access to restorative justice is highlighted as a key aim.
Work with Offenders is the job site for the offender rehabilitation and supervision work community. The job site has a registered audience of over 20,000 professionals and receives a little over 10,000 unique visits per month.
Our audience is made up of probation & prison service professionals and rehabilitation & intervention professionals such as substance misuse, educational and employment professionals.
The common denominator to our audience is they all work with offenders to deliver better outcomes for both the individual and society.
The Offender Rehabilitation & Supervision work community offers a range of career paths and employer choices.
Every mature society debates the merits of punishment versus rehabilitation and supervision versus intervention.
The reality is there is a matrix of organizations doing their best to make positive impacts in the lives of offenders to steer them away from repeat offending.
To be kept informed about the full range of work opportunities from this diverse work community register today.