Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Work With Offenders - The Choices
A YOT manager is the strategic manager responsible for YOT performance, the role includes:
- Production, implementation and monitoring of an annual Youth Justice Plan that successfully attracts required funding from chief officers of relevant agencies
- Commissioning services
- Bidding for additional funds to undertake specialist projects
- Developing effective partnership arrangements
- Management of the multi -agency YOT team and volunteer workers
- Representing the Youth Offending Team and the Department in multi-agency forums
Skills / Experience required include:
Proven experience of effective performance management at a senior level
Complex budgetary management
An ability to work in partnership other organisations in the public, voluntary and private sector.