Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Environmental Enforcement Officer - Manchester
3GS (UK) Limited
- Job Reference: CB-POJ-190214-01
- Salary: £18,200
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: Manchester
3GS is a specialist service provider focused on the provision of environmental enforcement services, using up to date technology to deliver the most effective solutions to combat environmental crime. We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Enforcement Officers.
Previous Enforcement experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences under environmental legislation. Such criminal offences can include littering.
Currently patrolling in Manchester City Centre but also covering outer district areas as the contract expands, you will work as a representative of the Manchester City Council as well as that of 3GS (UK) Ltd.
- You will be based at our offices, located in Manchester City centre.
- Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
- Preparing and submitting witness statements.
- Attending court to give evidence if and when necessary.
- Working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures.
- Operating and uploading body camera footage.
- Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office.
- A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
- A resilient character, as some interaction with offenders can occasionally be confrontational.
- Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of the team.
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather conditions.
- Full time
The standard working rota is;
- 40 hours per week, 5 shift per week over 7 days (weekend/bank holiday) rota basis determined locally. You may occasionally be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
- 28 holidays per year plus an additional bonus leave day per calendar quarter if achieved 100% attendance.
- 6 days company sick pay per year