Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Probation Officer - Midlands
- Job Reference: PO-Mids
- Paye: £17.22 - £20.30 DOE
- Umbrella: £22.44 - £26.45 DOE
- Limited: £20.04 - £23.53 DOE
- Role Type: Contract/Full Time/Part Time
- Location: Midlands Region
- Skills: ARMS, OAsys, Delius, Risk Assessments
Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting for experienced Probation Officers to work in community teams in the Midlands who are confident working with medium to high risk offenders, managing caseloads and assisting with rehabilitation of these offenders as a whole.
We have roles based in various locations as well as working environments from probation offices, to prisons and courts of law.
Working locations are:
- Birmingham and the Black Country
- West Mercia
Duties will include:
- Writing Pre-Sentence reports and the preparation of reports for court
- Updating offender records on the electronic system
- Carrying out risk assessments and reviews on individual offenders
- Managing and enforcing community orders and monitoring attendance at appointments and programmes
- Provide and obtain information at Court and formal hearings and provide assessment advise and Short Format Reports to Court
- Develop custodial and community sentence plans for offenders resettling in the community following custodial sentences
- Support individuals experiencing difficulties
- Completing breach reports
- Court duty as required
You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately to the National Standards within the timescales required. Experience of Multi Agency working is required to support the offenders throughout their rehabilitation. With these agencies you will work together to help local crime reductions and community safety (e.g police, local authorities, courts, health services, substance misuse services, voluntary agencies and youth offending teams etc.)
Strong communication skills will be required in this role to allow you to build good rapport with the partner agencies, liaise effectively with Court staff and offenders as well as other members of your team and occasionally victims of crime.
A current DBS is required for these role and we are able to assist with processing this on your behalf.
For Probation Officer positions qualifications are required such as DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0203 119 3399 for more information.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
probation jobs, probation recruitment, probation officer jobs, probation officer, yot officer, youth offending officer, youth offending team, yot jobs, youth offending work, youth offending recruitment.