Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Probation Practitioner Level 3 (Probation Officer) - Staffordshire
- Job Reference: J16077
- Salary: £29,757 - £36,983 DOE - Pro Rata
- Role Type: Permanent/Part Time
- Location: Stafford and Stoke
- Skills: Qualified Probation Officer
- Benefits: 27 days Annual Leave, Cycle to Work Scheme, Train Loans, Pension
Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting for an experienced Probation Practitioner (Probation Officer) to work within a Community Rehabilitation Company in the case management team on a part time basis across to work across Staffordshire. Office locations currently include Stoke and Stafford. Our client works with those aged 18 and over who have been sentenced by the courts to a Community Order or Suspended Sentence Order, or released on licence from prison with the aim of reducing reoffending, protecting the public and creating safer communities for us all to live in.
- Providing and supporting opportunities for Service Users to improve their skills through effective assessment and planning, delivery of interventions and collaborative use of partnerships
- Assess, plan and implement effective interventions aimed at reducing reoffending and helping Service Users turn their lives around
- Supervising service users in line with standards, providing case management and interventions which aim to reduce risks of harm and re-offending
- Work effectively with prisons in order to support the end to end management of case managers within prisons and the community
- Organise and complete records of supervision and provide monitoring information and maintaining administrative and information systems/technology
- Build and maintain relationships and links with external organisations who are relevant to the achievement of service and team objectives
- Relevant Qualification i.e VQ5 in Probation Practice, DipPS, DipSW or CQSW
- Experience working in a similar environment as a Probation Practitioner or Officer
- Excellent communication and people skills
- The ability to handle and address challenging behaviour
- Patience, empathy and a non-judgemental attitude
- The ability to motivate people and a core belief in people’s ability to change
- The ability to deliver outstanding probation practice through your risk management and sentence planning skills
- Experience of Multi Agency working to support the Service Users throughout their rehabilitation
- A satisfactory DBS check
The salary for these roles is £29,757 - £36,983 per annum depending on experience and pro rata plus benefits such as 27 days annual leave pro rata, Peoples pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care voucher scheme and train loan depending on location.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting to job reference number J16077 or call our team on 0203 119 3399.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.