Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Custodial Care Worker - Rugby
- Job Reference: GS-POJ-190508-01
- Salary: 21000-23000
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: West and East Midlands
RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
We are seeking Custodial Care Officers to work at Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre in Rugby, Warwickshire. Rainsbrook STC is a secure estate for young offenders, aged 12-18, male and female. They are there either on remand awaiting a court date or in custody following sentence.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Doing risk assessments, care plans and rehabilitation and resettlement planning
- Provide a secure, safe and stable environment for Children and Young People that focuses on individualised child-centred care and physical and emotional well-bein
- Act as a key member of the team in the delivery of integrated and child-centred care management for CYP with a wide range of complex physical, mental, emotional and learning need
- Establish positive individualised relationships with CYP that encourages CYP to take advice and ownership of their rehabilitation plan
- Promote positive behaviours and manage challenging behaviour in line with national legislation and operational policy and procedure
- Provide and maintain an operating regime in line with STC rules, policies and procedures to ensure that CYP are kept secure and safe and the public are protected from harm
- Safeguard the welfare of all CYP including those with high risk of substance misuse, self-harm, suicidal behaviours, emotional fragility and distress
- Promote a BIONIC culture of respect and dignity within a whole centre approach to the delivery of effective services
You will need to be resilient and personable to work in this environment due to the fact you will be working with high risk, young offenders. Ideally you will have previous experience managing young offenders or working with young people in a care or support capacity. Experience of risk assessment, care planning is not essential but would be a positive.
DBS not required for this role.
Salary: £21,016.58 starting, rising to £23,852.50 after successful probation period (six months)
Hours: 40 hour working week, Monday to Friday
25 days holiday, rising one day every year up to 29 days
If you have the required expeirence for this position then please forward your CV onto my email direct to email@example.com or call me on 02031193323.