Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Experienced Probation Service Officer required to work in Redhill
- Job Reference: J16136
- Salary: £22,039 to £23,616
- Role Type: Fixed Term/Full Time
- Location: Redhill
- Skills: Probation Service Officer
RSR Justice is a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for an experienced Probation Service Officers to work in Redhill. The Probation Service Officer role offers the opportunity to work with a varied group of service users to develop a detailed understanding of their offending and needs, then deliver on plans to improve their circumstances and behaviour. You will have the opportunity to put your curiosity, empathy, organisational and planning skills and enthusiasm to use in changing people’s lives for the better.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- The role is highly varied and often exciting whilst also requiring patience and dedication to achieve long term goals.
- The role also provides the opportunity to work in a multi-agency context to ensure that our service users and potential victims are safeguarded and the services they need are obtained from a range of partners.
- Practitioners in our Rehabilitation teams work with service users serving community sentences and will gain experience in working with people with substance use, domestic abuse, mental health difficulties, housing and financial problems.
- Opportunities to specialise in areas such as working with female service users are also available.
- You will manage the sentence within our practice guidelines and legal requirements and innovate to find the right route out of offending for each of your service users.
- You will work as part of a team of practitioners alongside other agencies, volunteers and mentors to engage service users in making changes to their lives.
- As a Probation Service Officer you will take part in training and development to continuously improve your own skills and to develop the services we provide.
- You will be supported by our collaborative and dynamic management teams to fulfil your potential and achieve the best every day.
Skills and Experience
- An empathetic and caring approach with a real belief that people can change
- Being a strong advocate for the needs of our service users
- Resilience and determination
- A proactive approach to solving both the problems faced by service users and business problems within your team
- An ability to motivate others to identify solutions
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of our service users
- Be able to travel in the local area as required
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you if needed.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £75 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.