Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Senior Probation Officer
- Job Reference: JH-POJ-190515-01
- Salary: £35,024 - £39,818
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: Any North Location - Oxford/Bicester/Milton K
- Skills: See Advertisement
- Benefits: See Advertisement
Senior Probation Officer
Any North Location - Oxford/Bicester/Milton Keynes/High Wycombe
Salary: £35, 024 - £39, 818
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Thames Valley Community Rehabilitation Company is currently looking for Senior Probation Officer in Oxford.
Thames Valley CRC is one of 21 Community Rehabilitation Companies across England. The CRC is owned by MTC, created in 2014 to provide rehabilitation and offender management services following changes to Probation as a result of the Government’s Transforming Rehabilitation strategy.
As a SPO you will be responsible for leading, managing and coordinating the work of a team to ensure high quality service delivery in accordance with London CRC’s Policies, Business Plan, practice standards and contractual requirements.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Setting clear expectations about what quality is, grounded in Quality Practice standards
- Communicate the purpose of the team to continuously improve quality with clarity and enthusiasm
- Monitor the progress of the team in achieving the above objectives, including undertaking observations, audits and one to ones and driving peer group learning opportunities
- Be a visible leader who models excellence
- Coach, support, train and develop the team where gaps are identified; addressing any issues resolutely and in a timely manner
- Manage service delivery to meet contractual performance requirements
- Manage risk of harm and risk of re-offending
- Review and manage local resources
- Embed an accountability culture within the team to drive quality
- Respond positively to change
- Manage staff effectively through change in accordance with the defined strategy
- Assist Area Manager in planning improvements to support service delivery
- Demonstrate leadership in your area of responsibility
- Promote London CRC’s vision and mission statement to internal and external audiences
- Assist Contracts and Partnerships Manager, Interventions Manager, Quality and Performance Managers and Area Manager in identifying and developing joint work with external agencies
- Establish and manage links with the wider communities as directed by Area Manager
- Manage financial resources for your area of responsibility as required
- Make proposals for expenditure on programmes of work and advise Area Manager on local resource issues to inform objectives and forward planning
- Collate and analyse information, developing systems and compiling reports as necessary
- Develop and utilise data to identify trends and take appropriate action to maintain and enhance quality service delivery
We are looking for existing Senior Probation Officers who are seeking opportunities to develop their career an innovative, forward thinking organisation. Or for talented Probation Officers who want to develop their career, taking this exciting next step into operational and people management.
This position will require the successful candidate to manage all functions of the team, particularly driving the delivering of a quality service in a timely manner supporting and developing a team of Probation Officers and Probation Services Officers by training and coaching them to achieve our wider company objectives to reduce reoffending rates, minimise risk and manage the sentence of the Court to allow us to become the most trusted provider of justice services in the UK.
This is a competency based post and it is essential to be highly motivated and committed to making things happen; we are looking for individuals who can motivate teams to achieve excellent results and contribute to the main objective of Thames Valley CRC of reducing reoffending and improving lives.
It is essential that you are a qualified Probation Officer to be considered for this role.
Ideally you will have experience of working as a manager within probation or previous employment. If not, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the transferable skills and knowledge to be an effective people manager.
CLICK HERE to apply for this role.