Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Probation Services Officer
- Job Reference: JH-POJ-190515-03
- Salary: £22,039 - £27,373
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: London
- Skills: See Advertisement
- Benefits: See Advertisement
Probation Services Officer
Location: London - Various Locations
Salary: £22,039 - £27,373
Closing Date: Tuesday 04 June 2019
London Community Rehabilitation Company is currently looking for experienced Probation Service Officers within the North; North West ; North East; South West and South East areas of London.
London CRC is the largest of the 21 CRCs across England and Wales, employing nearly 1,200 people across London. The CRC is owned by MTC, created in 2014 to provide rehabilitation and offender management services following changes to Probation as a result of the Government’s Transforming Rehabilitation strategy.
Our Probation Service Officers play a vital role in delivering a quality service which achieves our objectives of reducing reoffending, protecting the public and delivering the sentence of the court.
You would be managing your own caseload, ensuring that each service user is actively engaged & providing reports to other organisations as required. You will also deliver individual interventions and in the future may facilitate group based interventions.
You’ll be committed to achieving quality outcomes and be passionate about facilitating and sustaining change for Service Users and local communities. Able to manage a busy workload and competing demands, you’ll demonstrate skills to engage and communicate with a range of people as well as an ability to record and evidence the work you undertake and decisions you make.
Some of your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the assessment of service users risks and needs
- Identifying service user strengths and protective factors which can assist the change process and factors which may hinder change
- Produce and Implement a sentence plan that works to reduce re-offending, protect the public and meets the needs of the service user
- Responsible for the production and implementation of sentence plans based on these assessments
- Ensure Service Users records are kept up to date via case management systems
- To work with Probation Officers and Senior Probation Officers to manage service users where risk concerns are escalating
- Undertake interviews, home visits and external appointments with Service Users in order to sustain service user engagement and encourage their motivation to change
- Ensure effective communication channels between all internal and external partnerships
- Support other colleagues in the business when needed and to work as part of a team
- To practice in line with organisational quality standards and work towards achieving key performance objectives
If you are currently working as a probation services officer and looking to further develop your skills, than this could be the right opportunity for you. We are ideally looking for individuals with a CRC or NPS background as a probation services officer.
Our vision is simple - to create a positive social impact in the community by providing opportunities for service users to change their behaviour and lifestyles and to break the cycle of re-offending. You can be a part of this vision! Through personal development, training, coaching and embracing our organisational culture, we believe that this is just the tip of the iceburg!
To apply, please CLICK HERE.
All successful candidates are required to undergo Security Clearance prior to the starting date.