Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
- Job Reference: JH-POJ-190515-04
- Salary: £29,038 - £36, 084
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: Berkshire - Slough/Reading
- Skills: See Advertisement
- Benefits: See Advertisement
Location: Berkshire - Slough/Reading
Salary: £29,038 - £36, 084 depending on experience
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Thames Valley Community Rehabilitation Company offers an opportunity for a motivated Probation Officers to have more of a personal impact – and to make a real difference at our vibrant and freshly renovated Slough and Reading offices.
This is an exciting time to join TV CRC as there is a lot of going on. We have currently replaced nDelius and OASys for a new quicker system named Omnia
Thames Valley CRC is one of 21 Community Rehabilitation Companies across England. The CRC is owned by MTCnovo, created in 2014 to provide rehabilitation and offender management services following changes to Probation as a result of the Government’s Transforming Rehabilitation strategy.
As a Probation Officer you will be responsible for working with our Service Users helping them on their journey to leading a crime free lifestyle. You will be responsible for building a positive relationship with our service users and producing a sentence plan to manage / reduce the risk of reoffending and ensure their needs are met.
Some of your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the assessment of service user risk to the public
- Produce and Implement a sentence plan that works to reduce re-offending, protect the public and meets the needs of the service user
- Ensure Service Users records are kept up to date via Omnia
- To work with Senior Probation Officers to manage service users where risk concerns are escalating
- Undertake interviews, home visits and days out with Service Users in order to sustain service user engagement and encourage their motivation to change
- Ensure effective communication channels between all internal and external partnerships
- Motivate, support and encourage Service users to successfully complete their sentence plan and ensure the consequences are known and carried out
- Support other colleagues in the business when needed and to work as part of a team
- To practice in line with organisational quality standards and work towards achieving key performance objectives
We are ideally looking for someone with Probation Vocational Qualification (Level 5), most recently known as the Professional Qualification in Probation (PQiP) including an honours degree in a relevant subject.
Our vision is simple - to create a positive social impact in the community by providing opportunities for service users to change their behaviour and lifestyles and to break the cycle of re-offending. You can be a part of this vision! & through personal development, training, coaching and embracing our company culture, we believe that this is just the tip of the iceburg!
To apply, please CLICK HERE.