Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
- Job Reference: JH-POJ-190515-06
- Salary: £22,039 PRO RATA
- Role Type: Permanent/Part Time
- Location: Bicester
- Skills: See Advertisement
- Benefits: See Advertisement
Placement/Case Manager - Part time
Salary: £22,039 PRO RATA
Closing Date: Friday 31 May 2019
Thames Valley Community Rehabilitation Company (TV-CRC) are now looking to recruit an Offender Manager to join their Unpaid Work/Community Payback team.
- Have you worked with individuals who have displayed challenging offending behaviour?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of the service users within your community?
- Do you have experience of implementing quality assurance systems?
What will this role involve?
You would be employed as a 'Placement Case Manager', to include the management of offenders sentenced to a Community Payback Requirement by the Courts. You will assist in the planning, supervision, enforcement and review of sentences served in the community.
This team is fast-paced, quick to react and act so our ideal candidate will need to be able to work quickly and efficiently with a high level of accuracy. You will have time-driven targets so being able to work under pressure is key.
You will show a willingness and ability to work unsocial hours (evenings and weekends) on a notified rota basis & be flexible to travel across the Thame Valley region.
What is Community Payback?
Community Payback is any form of unpaid work directed by the courts, for example the service user could be tasked with removing graffiti, clearing areas of land of rubbish, decorating public places and buildings, etc. They would usually work in their local area and are managed throughout by our teams.
What are the key qualities and skills you will need?
- Positive outlook
- An imaginative approach
- Resilient attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Supportive of our service users
- Working effectively within a team
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt
- Assertiveness; able to act with authority when appropriate
- Excellent organisation and time-keeping
What can we offer you?
Everything that we do is geared towards our motto ‘Reducing reoffending and changing lives’ and we do our best to help people turn their lives around.
In order to achieve our goals, we must invest in the individuals who work for us – through supportive development and training we aim to offer opportunities for all of our employees to reach their own personal goals, and in turn help us to make ours a reality.
To apply, please CLICK HERE.