Wellbeing and Recovery Practitioner
Location: HMP Downview
Closes on: 12th November 2019
Who are The Forward Trust
We are The Forward Trust, the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community. We are The Forward Trust, the social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
Working within an integrated healthcare framework to provide support to prisoners with Health and Wellbeing, low-level mental health and substance misuse issues. The Health and Wellbeing Services are designed to deliver Psychosocial Substance Misuse, low level mental health interventions, Health and Wellbeing interventions and Accredited Treatment Programmes for offenders.
The Health and Wellbeing Practitioner will deliver client centred treatment depending on the requirements of the individual client. You will be required to manage a caseload, provide appropriate harm reduction advice and guidance, assess, care plan; deliver structured 1:1 and group-work sessions for both Substance Misuse and Low Level Mental Health service users. Transitional support from prison to the community via integrated working with other Health and Wellbeing agencies, both within the prison and in the community, is an essential element of the work to prepare service users for release.
You will be responsible for contributing to the targets set by Forward and the local commissioners. One of the key targets will be measuring outcomes, so co-operative working relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role.
Flexibility will be required in this role, this may include some evening/weekend shift and with reasonable notice to travel to other projects in your cluster to deliver Health and wellbeing services, enabling continuity of care for the client group.
- Carry out assessments risk/initial/comprehensive assessments to inform mental health and substance misuse treatment journeys.
- Carry out substance misuse and low level mental health interventions relevant to individual client needs, including 1:1 sessions and group work/programme facilitation.
- Develop and contribute to the Substance Misuse and general Health and Wellbeing care needs of service users, supporting them in the development of release-plans which are appropriate to their needs.
- Ensure substance misuse and mental health groups, and Health and Wellbeing programmes, are facilitated/co-facilitated to the standard required by Forward and in accordance with any relevant manuals.
- Meet required KPI’s to corresponding deadlines, as set out by the Health and Wellbeing Manager.
- Plan and manage your Substance Misuse/Mental Health caseload effectively, making sure that clients are prioritised appropriately and seen in a timely manner.
- Review ongoing care and treatment liaising closely with other Health and Wellbeing agencies.
- Proactively approach integrated ways of working and support and adopt a multidisciplinary approach.
- Meet targets and deadlines in accordance with Health and Wellbeing contractual standards.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the Health and Wellbeing service by being proactive and solution focused.
Quality and Safety
- Raise safeguarding concerns in a timely manner, including opening an ACCT document and taking part where appropriate in ACCT reviews for your clients.
- Actively input into multi-disciplinary reviews for clients who are receiving detoxification medication and follow up with any appropriate actions and documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain client files in a clear, professional and legible fashion and ensure they are available for audit purposes.
- Alert the Team Leader to any significant risks or problems arising or observed within the Health & Wellbeing service the Health and Wellbeing service.
- Effectively manage information, particularly confidential information, within statutory duties and Information Governance policies.
- Promote and ensure departmental compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities.
- Ensure Health and Wellbeing case management documentation is maintained, to the expected audit standards.
- Ensure data capture forms are submitted in a timely manner in order to reflect outcomes on NDTMS.
- Complete and maintain substance misuse / health and wellbeing care plans and assessments to the required standards.
- Provide reports on outcomes to the service.
Systems and Policy
- Use IT efficiently to support your role.
- Ensure you have agreed working protocols set between multi-disciplinary agencies and share information appropriately.
- Make full use of the information systems available to you such as P-Nomis, System-one, Intranet, email.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY