RSR Justice is a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the criminal justice sectors.
We are currently seeking recently experienced and Qualified Probation Officer to work on a temporary contract based in Crawley. The Probation Officer will be required to work with service users to develop a detailed understanding of their offending and needs, then deliver on plans to improve their circumstances and behaviour.
- To undertake responsibility for the management and supervision of service users. This will involve working with a range of service users, who meet the criteria for management by the Community Rehabilitation Company.
- This will include individuals who pose a medium risk of serious harm to adults and children.
- To produce a range of reports in accordance with requirements.
- To assess, monitor and review service users risk and needs using standard assessment tools.
- To formulate risk management plans and sentence plans that address service user risk and needs in accordance with sentence requirements and resource availability.
- To work collaboratively with all those involved in the delivery of the sentence, including both internal and external partnership agencies.
- To identify and take the necessary actions to protect children and vulnerable adults and promote their welfare.
- To establish and maintain effective liaison with intervention providers and external agencies to monitor and review progress.
- To ensure all relevant parties are aware of key risk factors, including any significant changes and in consultation with the line manager, instigate risk escalation procedures as required.
- To support, enable and motivate the individual to cooperate and comply with the sentence of the court.
- To demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and by challenging those which cause concern.
- To enable and encourage individuals to apply new learning and skills in their own environment, to consolidate change.
- To engage with the Service Users and demonstrate commitment to promoting change through the achievement of the sentence plan goals
- To undertake a final evaluation on completion of supervision, with reference to the effectiveness of specific interventions and community re-integration.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Probation Officer
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be empathetic and caring
- Be resilient and determined
- Be willing to contribute to the development of our service and the teams you are a part of
- Effectively utilise the support of your manager and colleagues to achieve results
- Be able to learn and develop
- Be highly flexible and able to travel in the local area as required
- Be able to motivate others and engage service users in finding solutions to the problems they experience
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you if needed.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if these roles are not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please send them over for an incentive bonus or voucher.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.