The Probation Officer will be required to reduce offending through the effective assessment and management of service users in the community.
- Undertake responsibility for the management and supervision of service users
- To produce a range of reports in accordance with requirements
- To assess, monitor and review service users risk and needs using standard assessment tools
- To formulate risk management plans and sentence plans that address service user risk and needs in accordance with sentence requirements and resource availability
- To work collaboratively with all those involved in the delivery of the sentence, including both internal and external partnership agencies
- To identify and take the necessary actions to protect children and vulnerable adults and promote their welfare in accordance with the organisation safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To establish and maintain effective liaison with intervention providers and external agencies to monitor and review progress.
- To ensure all relevant parties are aware of key risk factors, including any significant changes and in consultation with the line manager, instigate risk escalation procedures as required.
- To monitor service user progress against the Sentence Plan and ensure it remains “fit for purpose” making any amendments as necessary.
- To support, enable and motivate the individual to cooperate and comply with the sentence of the court and in accordance with National Standards.
- To demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and by challenging those which cause concern.
- To enable and encourage individuals to apply new learning and skills in their own environment, to consolidate change.
- To engage with the Service Users and demonstrate commitment to promoting change through the achievement of the sentence plan goals
- Be suitably qualified as a social worker or probation officer (DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent)
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be empathetic and caring
- Be willing to contribute to the development of our service and the teams you are a part of
- Effectively utilise the support of your manager and colleagues to achieve results
- Be highly flexible and able to travel in the local area as required
- Be able to motivate others and engage service users in finding solutions to the problems they experience
- Good IT skills
A current DBS is required for these role and we are able to assist with processing this on your behalf.
If you would like to be considered for Probation Officer vacancy and have the relevant qualification and experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you, with retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Probation, Probation Officer, SouthWest Probation, National Probation Service, NPS , Offender Management, Risk Asessments, Report Writing, Criminal Justice, Community , Probation Office