Introducing Forward Trust
We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
The East Kent Community Drug and Alcohol Service provides treatment and support for adults and their families within the local region. We have services in Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Margate and Sittingbourne.
To provide prescribing clinics for people with drug and alcohol dependence, including assessment, treatment planning and reviews.
To prescribe for the treatment of opiate and alcohol dependency, including opiate substitute, alcohol detoxification and relapse prevention medications.
To work in partnership with the Service Manager in the delivery of evidence based treatment and the implementation of clinical initiatives.
To lead in developing the clinical service, ensuring compliance with national and local standards, protocols and guidelines.
To provide advice and guidance on prescribing issues within the local team and external stakeholders.
- To work as a NMP providing a range of specialist substance misuse treatments for patients; including prescribing, treatment matching, health education, opiate substitution therapy, detoxification programmes and harm reduction.
- To plan and supervise community detoxification programmes.
- To work in collaboration with the psychosocial team in the continued review of the bio-psychological needs of patients, developing systematic plans for the care and evaluation of treatment.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues to ensure that effective risk management systems are in place.
- To provide teaching and education to all staff and patients on issues related to medically assisted treatments, blood borne viruses and overdose awareness and management.
- To provide specialist clinical advice and support to other colleagues within the substance misuse setting and to colleagues and other agencies concerned with substance misuse e.g. psychosocial team members, GPs, Social Services, CMHTs and Probation.
- In partnership with the Service Manager, to ensure the ordering, storage, safety and record keeping of medications and prescriptions are compliant to best practice guidelines.
Education and Personal Development
- Keep up to date clinically on all relevant matters and strive for continuous professional development.
- Monitor, interpret and assess the relevance of national policy and guidance, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding in these areas.
- Complete the Forward Trusts mandatory training programme
- Ensure personal development plan/objectives are identified and met as part of the annual appraisal process.
- Maintain a record of CPD including training events, conferences and courses attended.
- Foster the culture of continuous learning to enhance evidence based service development.
- Facilitate local training to clinical peers and psychosocial colleagues in subjects related to clinical treatment.
- Encourage the learning of others through their participation in the teaching programme, group work, attendance at study days/courses
Administration and Management
- Work with the Service Manager and Nurse Manager to maintain good working relationships with Commissioners, Stakeholders and other Service Providers within the community.
- Participate in the recruitment of nursing staff for the Forward Trust in accordance with good employment practice
- Adhere to Forward Trust policies and procedures
- Ensure all documentation is legible, accurate, dated and signed to expected audit and NMC standards
- Participate in the collection of data for audit, survey and research purposes in line with Forward policies and GDPR
- Adhere to the Forward Trust’s NO smoking policy and refrain from smoking anywhere other than a designated smoking area
- Work collaboratively with the Service Manager and Nurse Manager to meet target and deadlines agreed and in accordance with work plans and departmental standards
- Ensure team dynamics are managed appropriately creating positive working environments
- To ensure that all nursing care delivered has the 6 ‘C’s of best practice embedded within it
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by management, which falls within own sphere of duties
- Contribute to policy development
- Understand and implement all national policies that are relevant to the service.
- Oversee the implementation of policies in relation to safe prescribing and clinical protocols.
- Participate and lead in multidisciplinary team meetings/case discussion
- To represent the Nurse Manager in business meetings, clinical meetings, relevant groups and committees, including clinical governance and quality meetings
- Ensure that regular handover meetings take place, and that all information is communicated across the team and documented appropriately.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times in accordance with NMC Standards and the Forward Trust values.
To apply or read the job description, click here.