RSR Justice is a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to organisations specialising in reducing offending by offering rehabilitation and intervention services
We are working in partnership with Ormiston Families, a charitable trust, devoted to helping children and families in need.
Ormiston Families’ Transforming Rehabilitation service provides a range of family support sessions to ex-offenders and their families across the East of England.
Working with families by offering prevention and early intervention, leads to the people living safer, healthier and more resilient lives.
To help deliver this vital service we are looking for an experienced service delivery manager, ideally with a track record of work in restorative practices.
The successful post holder will have lead responsibility and accountability for delivering the service programme and strategic business plan.
This will involve working with key partners and stakeholders across Criminal Justice Services to deliver the core vision, mission and values,
• Line manage staff delivering programmes
• Lead on the recruitment, retention, development and support of operational staff
• Monitor, manage and report on service performance in line contracts.
• Be responsible for ensuring effective budgeting, financial reporting and management of resources across the service.
• Attend relevant briefings, conferences and training events ensuring information is appropriately disseminated.
• Work within Ormiston Families’ vision, mission, values, policies and procedures in a consistent and constructive way.
• Carry out any other additional, relevant duties as instructed by the Operations Manager
Key Skills and Experince
• A qualification, and/or experience in Probation, Criminal justice and/or work with children and families.
• Management qualification and/or evidence of management experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Experience of leading and co-ordinating a small and/or single focussed service in a community setting
• Experience of managing staff/ volunteers in the implementation of professional practice using formal and informal mechanisms such as supervision, team meetings, appraisals, etc.
• Evidential knowledge of different approaches to the rehabilitation of offenders including methods to engage and affect change in behaviours.
• Good knowledge and direct experience of Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent policy and practice
• Experience of undertaking risk assessments and risk management planning to ensure that appropriate action is taken to minimise or prevent actual or potential harm to others.
• Evidence of skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, advocacy and motivational interviewing
• Experience in implementing quality assurance and performance management frameworks.
• Evidential experience in the development of services using supported by knowledge of continuous improvement and business change.
• Awareness of grant bidding and tendering processes in order to provide information to help with their preparation.
• Proven skills in effective communication both written and verbal across a diverse range of people
• Experience of financial planning, monitoring and control of budgets.
• Good understanding and application of equal opportunities and diversity
• Competent in use of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
• Evidential success in effective management of own and others work-loads
• Evidential skills in partnership building, networking and advocacy to progress Organisational objectives and shared outcomes.
• Full driving licence
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you, with retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper