RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Housing Brokerage Officer to work on a temporary contract based in Surrey.
The Housing Brokerage Officer will be required to deliver face to face interventions and liaise with stakeholders both within custody and the community to support our service users to address their housing needs and reduce the likelihood of reoffending.
- Work closely with Responsible Officers in order to understand and respond to the specific and diverse housing needs of service users.
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies, authorities and organisations including statutory and third sector agencies in order to facilitate relevant referrals to programmes / activities / services as required.
- Carry out timely initial face to face housing assessments
- Construct an effective housing resettlement plan based on an initial assessment of the service users’ needs and abilities.
- Maintain contact on a regular basis with service users in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- Actively and collaboratively engage with service users in decisions that affect them, informing them of their procedural and representational rights
- Identify and maintain focus on achievement of the desired outcome for the service user from the service being delivered.
- Develop effective stakeholder relationships with appropriate external groups, agencies and authorities in order to support services users’ housing needs and support requirements.
- To adhere at all times to probation and prison information security requirements and rules and to adhere to GDPR and information security requirements.
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of group work and working with a variety of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties.
- Knowledge and experience of the work of the Criminal Justice System.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan and conduct structured meetings with individuals or groups.
- Ability to contribute to the assessment and management of risk.
- Ability to motivate others and facilitate learning in order to change attitudes and behaviour.
- Experience of delivering support services to complex and vulnerable groups
For further information, or to apply, please email – email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer