Purpose of Job
To have overall responsibility for management of offenders in prison, including responsibility for high and very high risk of harm cases (tier 3 and 4 cases).
- To assess offender’s risk and needs that relate to their offending using the appropriate assessment tools such as OASYS.
- Work with other professions within the prison to devise sentence plans that address the offender’s risk and needs and to identify solutions to overcome noncompliance.
- Regularly undertake Home Detention Curfew and Re-categorisation assessments.
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place to deliver the plan and oversee the implementation of the plan by ensuring that all team members are aware of their duties and responsibilities.
- Continuously monitor, review, assess and track the plan to ensure that it remains “fit for purpose” making any amendments as necessary and refer any significant change in risk to the team manager.
- Produce relevant documents and reports as required.
- Provide Parole reports/Sentence planning reports and MAPPA reports.
- Ensure that the sentence complies with National Standards by engaging with the offender, motivating them to co-operate and comply. Manage an offender supervisor case load of high risk determinate sentenced prisoners.
- Complete an overall evaluation of the sentence plan using the appropriate tools and methods.
- Completing MAPPA reports and attending external reviews.
- You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including staff and offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
- A current, Enhanced DBS check is required for these role, which we can process for you, along with a relevant qualification - DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
- You will also be required to undergo the NPS Enhanced Level 1 vetting before post.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have been out of the probation service for more than 5 years or are retired and would be interested in returning - please email the above contact for more information!
Alternatively, if these role are not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please send them over for an incentive bonus or voucher.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.