Red Snapper Recruitment (RSR) Regulator – supplies recruitment services to the UK regulatory services sector. In particular central government and arm’s length standalone regulators and ombudsmen and local government functions such as trading standards, environmental health and planning.
Our client requires an enforcement officer to work on street to combat environmental crime, in particular littering and dog fouling.
The engagement will be for an initial three months commencing in August.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic person who can demonstrate a back ground in delivering enforcement actions.
· To routinely foot patrol streets and public places to enforce environmental legislation and issue fixed penalty notices to offenders who commit criminal offences by the means of littering.
Full training is provided and you will be supported on an ongoing basis with field and class room based training.
· Interacting directly with clients and offenders.
· Preparing and submitting witness statements
· Attending court to give evidence if and when necessary.
· Ensuring you are working in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures
· Operating and uploading body camera footage
· Carrying out ID and address checks with Head Office
Previous experience in a similar role such as policing, community safety and or regulatory services.
· A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
· A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
· Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
· Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own or as part of the team
· Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns
To apply please send our CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RSR Regulatory is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.