RSR Justice are the preferred supplier of contingent labour to the National Probation Service (NPS) nationwide.
We are responsible for recruiting and placing hundreds of Probation Officers across the country.
If you are a qualified Probation Officer and are looking for your next job opportunity or are looking to return to the service then please consider applying. We have current South West vacancies, one of which is based in Townquay probation office in Southampton.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional advice and assessment, including written reports to the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- Undertaking the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high.
- Using computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensuring timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- Demonstrating pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- You will need to be a qualified Probation Officer, holding either a Diploma in Probation Studies (DipPS), Diploma in Social (DipSW), Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), or another Level 5 or above Degree in a Criminal or Community Justice related field.
- You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including Court staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
- You will need to undergo the National Probation Service’s Enhanced Level 1 Vetting once in post, if you do not already have it.
If you would like to be considered for Probation Officer vacancies with the NPS and have the relevant qualification and experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £100, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Offender management, offender rehabilitation, risk assessment, risk management, probation service, probation jobs, offender management jobs, Probation Officer, Offender Rehabilitation jobs, South West