RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for a number of Housing Solutions Officers to be based in the Black Country on a temp ongoing contract.
This role attracts a pay rate of £12.95 per hour PAYE.
- To prevent homelessness through a range of prevention initiatives
- To provide advice and assistance of a range of housing options including accessing the Private Rented Sector
- To undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s need referring to appropriate agencies as required
- To develop, update and review Personalised Housing Plans for customers in light of the Homeless Reduction Act following a detailed assessment
- To contribute to the reduction of temporary accommodation expenditure by ensuring that all other avenues are explored and usage is minimised
- To provide an innovative, dynamic and solutions focussed approach to prevent the client from becoming homeless and explore all housing options
- To write and issue statutory S184 decision letters, letters of referral to other local authorities where an applicant’s local connection lies elsewhere and outcome letters to advise the applicant of their initial interview
- To take a full homeless application and undertake thorough investigations in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017
- To carry out detailed enquiries on cases subject to statutory review proceedings
- To liaise with customers, statutory organisations, advocates and third sector partners to arrive at sustainable housing solutions for clients with multiple needs
- To effectively manage a caseload of clients and ensure enquiries / investigations are completed in timescale and correctly recorded
- To deal with enquiries, complaints and correspondence from clients and their advocates including solicitors, councillors, MPs, the ombudsman and other housing providers
- To provide a telephone out of hours emergency homelessness service as part of a duty rota with other officers including weekend and bank holidays
- Experience of housing options
- Experience of homelessness
- Excellent IT skills
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.