RSR Justice are the preferred suppliers of contingent labour to the Community Rehabilitation Company.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Probation Officer to manage a generic offender management unit in Lewisham on a contract for initially 3 months.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage and coordinate the work of the local community or custody offender management unit, or court team
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with internal customers, key stakeholders and external agency partners in the Criminal Justice System and related bodies
- Meet performance targets and ensure high quality service delivery
- Manage risk of harm, MAPPA and SFO arrangements
- Review and manage resources against targets
- Be accountable and empower and enable others in team
- Assist Senior Managers in planning change and with evaluation of change programmes
- Provide leadership in your area of responsibility
- Provide effective supervision/coaching/appraisal
- Respond appropriately to capability/grievance/harassment/complaint issues
- Liaise with staff to receive, collate and analyse information, developing systems and compiling reports as necessary
- You will need to be a qualified Probation Officer, holding either a Diploma in Probation Studies (DipPS), Diploma in Social (DipSW), Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), or another Level 5 or above Degree in a Criminal or Community Justice related field.
- You will need to have at least 12 months of management experience in an offender management environment, or demonstrate exceptional capability to act up into this role.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including Court staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
- You will need an in date enhanced DBS for this role which we can process for you if you do not have one.
If you would like to be considered for this role with the NPS and have the relevant qualifications and experience, then please email your CV to the email below.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £150, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.