Red Snapper Recruitment are working with the Shaw Trust on the recruitment of a number of permanent positions to support the rollout of the CFO4 Resettlement Hubs in the Midlands and East of England.
Shaw Trust is a progressive charity on an exciting journey to help five times more people over the next five years. For over 30 years they have supported disadvantaged people to make positive changes to their lives through training and employment, and their ambitious plans need the right people to help us transform many more lives, in many more ways.
What they do is exciting, fulfilling and diverse and it’s about to get even better. As well as employment services, they help offenders in prisons, and empower people to take part in activities that many of us would take for granted.
Working with Shaw Trust gives you far more benefits than a standard package; it gives you the chance to help turn someone’s life around.
We are recruiting for Support Workers for the Activity Hubs in Norwich and Peterborough. These are permanent positions paying £23,000 per annum.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage a caseload of offenders in the community CFO Activity Hub, supporting them to engage and break down barriers to successful resettlement, achieve agreed milestones and develop enhanced skillsets
- To engage eligible offenders, provide initial assessment and undertake action planning.
- To provide advice, guidance, coaching and support to a caseload of participants via regular one-to-one meetings and group interventions as appropriate.
- To work with other agencies to coordinate a through-the-gate service including undertaking pre-release handover meetings to ensure activities pre and post release are well planned.
- To work with a range of statutory and non-statutory partners to address identified needs including Community Rehabilitation Companies, National Probation Service, Youth Offending Services, and voluntary agencies.
- To create an inclusive and supportive environment, conducive to individuals development
- To achieve and report on individual and team daily, weekly and monthly performance targets.
- Build relationships with Community Rehabilitation Companies, National Probation Service and a range of other local agencies, promoting the programme widely to generate referrals.
- Undertake and or/review CATS Assessment, identifying participant needs to be addressed.
- Agree a SMART, personalised Action Plan with each participant and relevant offender management agency, which is tailored to the participants individual needs and specifies agreed, realistic goals
- Provide advice, guidance, coaching, and support to participants via regular one-to-one progress reviews.
- Prioritise and sequence support services with a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies, aligning with sentence, post-supervision and resettlement plans and ensuring risk is robustly identified and managed.
- Provide impartial guidance on local services/provision
- Deliver skills audits and tailored training/education information, advice and where appropriate deliver training on a one to one basis, to support participants to grow their confidence, motivation and skills.
- BTEC L3 In Education and Training or equivalent (Desirable)
- ICT proficiency including all major Microsoft applications
- IAG qualification e.g. NVQ Information, Advice and Guidance (Desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of motivating and supporting individuals with multiple and complex needs to overcome barriers and progress towards future goals of education, training and employment.
- Experience with data entry, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong track record of successfully working to targets and KPIs
- Experience of working with external stakeholders in providing exceptional participant support or progression routes, working with employers or local authorities or health services or voluntary sector organisations.
- An understanding of, and positive attitude towards: mental and physical health ; community and social inclusion; and a strengths and assets based approach to engaging participants.
You will need to go through Pre-Employment checks including referencing and an Enhanced DBS check before you are able to start the job
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Shawtrust@rsg.ltd and one of our dedicated recruitment team will be in touch with further information within 24 hours.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Red Snapper Recruitment is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.