RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for a Case Worker to work on the ‘through the gate’ team in both a custody and community setting on either a 1 year FTC or permanent basis.
The role will be based out of the following 3 locations… Plymouth, HMP Dartmoor and Torquay. It is also working for a public sector organisation with a mission to reduce social exclusion and its impact by providing specialist housing and employment opportunities for ex-offenders.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of clients with complex needs; providing specialist support to overcome health and disability related barriers to social inclusion
- Provide specialist assessment, advice and guidance and signposting to internal and external training and support
- Work closely with the prime provider case management team and other partners; creating a “village” support network for each clients
- Operate with a charitable person-centred approach whilst demonstrating commercial acumen
- Manage and maintain a caseload of up to 45 clients at any one time, whilst remaining compliant and providing the highest quality service at all times
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with partner organisations, providing clear feedback and reports
- Support clients to move towards employment, short courses, vocational training, community activities and other supportive measures
- Encourage and facilitate client autonomy, personal choice, independence and responsibility
- To carry out regular risk assessments (custody and community) and to add to ongoing risk management plans to contribute to development of individual community recovery plans where appropriate.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients on the programme and with other staff and partners, paying particular attention to confidentiality and the maintenance of professional boundaries
- Work flexibly as required by the needs of contract and clients, which will include travelling (it may also include some unsociable hours)
- Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations and to have a working knowledge of Step One policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to (including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity policies)
- Attend training sessions and other meetings as requested
- Ensure that the project overheads are kept to a minimum and to meet budget constraints
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions using the forms approved by Step One and within the agreed budget
- Maintain administrative systems which record the progress of clients and keep accurate and complete records of client action plans
- Prepare all necessary reports and information for internal or external audits, inspections and assessments
- You will need to be experienced in carrying a caseload of service users including the writing of reports and risk assessing the service users.
- You will need to be experienced in using the probation/prison tools OAsys and C-Nomis
- You will need to possess strong IT skills including MS office
- You will need to be resilient and have a keen interest in changing offenders lives for the better
- The role will be subject to you having an enhanced DBS check and prison clearance at EL1.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £100, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.