RSR Justice are the preferred suppliers of contingent labour to the National Probation Service (NPS) nationwide.
We are responsible for recruiting and placing hundreds of Probation Officers across the country.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Probation Officer in Ealing.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional advice and assessment, including written reports to courts, the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- Undertaking the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high
- Using computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensuring timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises, prisons and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending
- Attending professional meetings and represent the NPS at appropriate partnership forums e.g. MAPPA, MARAC
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- Undertaking prison, home or other alternate location visits as required
- Responding to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed
- Carrying out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrating pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
- You will need to be a qualified Probation Officer, holding either a Diploma in Probation Studies (DipPS), Diploma in Social (DipSW), Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), or another Level 5 or above Degree in a Criminal or Community Justice related field.
- You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including Court staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
A current Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role, which we can process for you. You will also need to undergo the National Probation Service’s Enhanced Level 1 Vetting, if you do not already have it.
If you would like to be considered for Probation Officer vacancies with the NPS and have the relevant qualification and experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £100, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.