Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Birmingham based client for a Male Programme Facilitator to work with perpetrators of domestic violence.
This is an initial fixed term contract to the end of September 2021 with a view to extend thereafter.
The salary offered is £23.4k per annum.
- Show commitment to keeping women and children safe whilst offering the support and opportunity to men who have been abusive within their intimate relationships to address their behaviours
- Deliver a structured intervention as part of a rolling programme to individuals who have perpetrated domestic abuse towards their intimate partner
- Manage a caseload and challenge any emotive and volatile situations arising within the group
- Ensure important feedback regarding the safeguarding aspect of victims is reported as high priority and maintain close links with victim support service caseworkers
- Keep records that are accurate, up‐to‐date and in line with practice standards
- Stay aware of current and developing legislation regarding Domestic Abuse issues for both the victim and perpetrator
- Develop relationships with local stakeholders and show support in marketing the service and maintaining referrals and assessments
- Possess a recognised qualification in counselling and psychotherapy or a degree in psychology, health and social care or equivalent demonstrable experience within the field
- Flexible in your approach to working hours, you will also have a proven ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Possess an understanding of the need to offer an integrated service to both male perpetrators and to the women who have experienced domestic abuse
- Knowledge of CBT, experience of challenging cognitive distortions and awareness of patterns of behaviour in domestic abuse perpetrators are essential for this post
- Solution‐focused and outcome driven, with an open and encouraging approach, lots of tact and diplomacy and good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lead by example and supervise and motivate others in a group work setting
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.