RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for a Community Payback Officer to hold a caseload in the Nottinghamshire area although the role itself will be remote working for now.
This contract is initially until the end of June after which point, it will be reviewed. The rate of pay is £11.74 per hour PAYE.
- Conduct Post Sentence Assessment Interviews
- Agree an outline CP Supervision Plan
- Support with the full induction of offenders into CP
- Manage the risk of harm under relevant policies and procedures
- Manage CP cases in accordance with National standards and other related procedures
- Prepare offenders for CP work and encourage them to complete their order and see the relevance of learning opportunities
- Allocate offenders to placements or projects taking into account risk of harm and reconviction, availability, location of placement, etc
- Undertake sentence planning reviews at appropriate intervals during the Order and within specified timescales of termination of Order
- Co-ordinate in a consistent and planned way with the activity of all individuals involved with the supervision of the case, and ensure effective liaison with offender managers
- Make decisions about acceptability of absences in consultation with others as appropriate and undertake the appropriate enforcement action for cases in breach
- Assess local projects/placements for suitability for Community Payback when this is not covered by the central projects and placements team
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with placement providers and beneficiaries
- Ensure that placement providers are reminded of the objectives of CP and the expectations of pro-social modelling placed upon them
- Ensure that appropriate feedback is given to the central CP team if there are issues regarding the maintenance, provision and transportation of materials and equipment
- Organise the transport of offenders to work sites
- Review all caseloaded offenders attendance and progress using appropriate reporting systems
- Liaise with Offender Managers where necessary to support the increased compliance of those offenders failing to work their planned hours efficiently
- VQ3 – Diploma in Probation Practice Level 3
- Adept in the use of NDelius and Oasys systems
- Ability to enhance and sustain the professional and public image of the organisation
- Ability to deliver offence focussed work
- Motivational and assessment based interviewing
- Ability to analyse information & make judgement about risk
- Work to standards and deadlines
- Contribute to team and performance enhancement
- Ability to manage difficult people
- Ability to maintain relationships with other agencies
- Understanding and knowledge of criminal behaviour, rehabilitation, risk, enforcement and effective practice
- Driving licence and access to transport
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them to ourselves. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay up in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.