RSR Justice are currently recruiting for a Residential Night Supervisor to work in a Female Approved Premises in Bristol on a temporary basis for Seetec, an organisation that takes pride in delivering to exceptional standards, focusing around the rehabilitation of offenders.
The post holder will be required to work 8.75 hours per shift and it will be on a sessional basis.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working as part of a team to maintain a waking, watchful presence overnight including regular checks of the building including room checks.
- To contribute to the management and supervision of Residents in the Approved Premises, responding promptly and appropriately to arising situations, ensuring the welfare and safety of residents and staff at all times
- To ensure that residents and the building are safe and secure throughout the shift and to maintain expected standards of behaviour and the adherence to the approved premises rules, ensuring all significant events are appropriately recorded and communicated to relevant team colleagues in line with procedures.
- To maintain an active waking presence overnight, including monitoring CCTV, regular checks of the building and grounds and recording any incidents, damage or defects
- To contribute towards a safe and secure environment, which is responsive to a diverse resident group
- Monitor behaviour of residents, motivating them to ensure compliance, responding appropriately to any abusive or aggressive behaviour
- Demonstrate and re-enforce pro social modelling and behaviour, challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
- Ensure that the AP is locked and secure during curfew period and confirm the presence and wellbeing of all residents overnight
- Undertake room searches, as required, contributing to the assessment, support and monitoring of residents at risk of self-harm or suicide and access emergency medical assistance if required
- In line with policies and procedures, adhere to all requirements from a sensitive/confidential nature and demonstrate at all times a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of the relevance to the work carried out
- Follow prescribed medication procedures nightly, ensuring all medications are accounted for and completing the appropriate audit paperwork
- To participate in handover briefing sessions at the beginning and end of each shift
- Supervise the preparation of breakfast
- Undertake alcohol and drug tests as required by the Senior Operational Manager
- Undertake first aid, as required and act as Fire Warden
- Maintain all records and files including data entry as necessary to the requirements of the Organisation and Approved Premises
- To check all rooms in the morning and wake residents at the appropriate time Deal with any visitors and telephone calls and where immediate action is required, contact the out of hours duty manager
- Enable residents to establish a stable night routine by applying the residential curfew and close down procedures.
- Ensure as far as possible during each shift that residents do not disturb each other
- To complete mandatory training and attend team meetings, as required
- To operate within the policies and procedures of the Organisation, Approved Premises and in line with the appropriate probation instruction including operational instructions, Health & Safety, GDPR and Equality & Diversity
- To ensure all fire precaution procedures, Health & Safety procedures and self-harm procedures are followed
- To present Approved Premises when liaising with visitors, other agencies/services and the general public
- To work in accordance with the Organisations Safeguarding policies and procedures and assist the Organisation to carry out its duties in a way that protects children and adults and promotes their welfare
- Good numeracy and literacy skills Desirable
- Experience of working with groups or individuals in order to motivate and change behaviour
- Experience of working with a range of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties
- Experience of working in a residential setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with good listening skills.
- Ability to input and retrieve electronic data and maintain computer based information systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, colleagues and external agencies.
- Ability to participate and contribute effectively as a team member.
- Ability to contribute to the assessment and management of risk.
- Ability to exercise authority and reinforce boundaries in an appropriate manner.
- To work on own initiative and able to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to achieve individual performance goals and/or contribute towards team and organisational targets.
- Knowledge and experience of the work of the Criminal Justice System.
- Ability to motivate others and facilitate learning in order to change attitudes and behaviour.
- A knowledge of H&S principles and practice.
Due to the gender specific nature of this role, applications can only be accepted from women candidates. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. All required checks will be undertaken as part of the pre-employment process for any successful candidate
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a generous referral bonus scheme and will pay £150 in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who we place that aren’t already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Offender Management, Residential Worker, Night Supervisor, Rehabilitation Jobs, Probation Jobs, Offender Manager, Offender Supervisor, Bail Hostel, Approved Premises, Female Approved Premises