RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement market.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Briefings Officer for the Greater London Authority.
This is a temporary contract for 12 weeks initially, paying £16.53 per hour PAYE or £25.13 per hour via an Umbrella or Limited company
- The Briefings Officer will work alongside the Briefings Manager and support in the preparation of high-quality briefing materials for the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, the Mayor, Chief Executive and directors and others as required.
- They will focus delivery on all high-profile briefings which require attention to detail, particularly on financial information.
- They will contribute to the effective working of the Private Office, operating collaboratively across team roles as necessary.
- They will cover for the Briefings Manager if absent.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with colleagues to ensure the Deputy Mayor, Mayor and others are provided with high-quality briefings for meetings and events in a timely and effective manner, through either commissioning and overseeing the production of briefings, or preparing briefings on some matters personally.
- Work with colleagues, but a particular focus on Finance to ensure all information is shared in a digestible way. The post holder will draft and collate the necessary information to ensure briefings are delivered succinctly and in a timely fashion.
- The post holder will support colleagues in the Correspondence, Enquiries and FOI team to access the required up to date information from the centralised briefings portal.
- Work with colleagues and with the Mayor’s Office to produce high quality and politically astute briefings for all Mayoral and Deputy Mayor engagement and other major Mayoral events and meetings.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver an efficient service across the Private Office.
- Experience of supporting a principal in a local government, parliamentary or other similar environment
- Excellent written and spoken English and demonstrable experience of providing briefings and other written materials
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage various processes simultaneously, prioritise workloads and work with others to deliver quality products
- Good political judgement
- Willingness and experience of change and organisational upwards management
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.