Red Snapper Recruitment (RSR) Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR Justice are the preferred suppliers of contingent labour to the National Probation Service nationwide.
We are seeking a Residential Worker for a vacancy in Wales Approved Premises. This is a 12-month temporary contract initially.
The jobholder will assist in the supervision of residents, maintaining discipline and the adherence to AP rules, licence conditions and court orders. In addition, will contribute to the management of residents’ risk. This post will involve out of hours work, In line with NPS policies and procedures, the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Contribute to effective team practice, communicate effectively with team members and pass on key information
- Undertake regular inspections of the building, including cellars and grounds throughout the period of duty, recording any occurrences/damage or defects, and monitor CCTV equipment
- Maintain an active presence in the AP at all times. Regularly engage with residents in a pro-social manner. Contribute towards the protection of residents, e.g. monitor in line with risk assessments.
- Monitor behaviour of high risk residents and motivate residents to ensure compliance. Respond appropriately to abusive or aggressive behaviour
- Ensure that the AP is locked and secure during curfew period. Confirm the presence and wellbeing of all residents overnight
- Facilitate the function of the AP as a first/emergency point of contact out of hours
- Escalate to the standby Manager any matters of concern to ensure the enforcement and /or compliance with court orders, licences , AP rules
- Support and create a safe working environment for staff, residents and visitors by adhering to Health and Safety legislation, ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and Risk Assessments are followed reporting incidents to Manager. Undertake Health and Safety, fire alarm, curfews and room curfew checks in line with procedures.
- Undertake room searches, pack up residents possessions as directed
- Support the arrangement and delivery of purposeful activities for residents within the premises
- Supervise residents’ meals
- Undertake effective induction of residents
- Follow prescribed medication procedures including the issuing of medication to residents and both weekly and nightly audit of medication sheets
- Undertake alcohol and drugs tests as requested by the Manager
- Undertake First Aid if a resident is injured or self-harms.
- Maintain hostel records and files as required, including data entry as necessary and contribute to the completion of incident reports
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Deal with visitors and telephone calls, and monitor the work of visiting contractors in accordance with health and safety.
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
A current Enhanced DBS check is required for this role, which we can process for you. You will also need to undergo the National Probation Service’s Enhanced Level 1 Vetting, if you do not already have it.
If you would like to be considered for this post and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will offer retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Offender management, offender rehabilitation, risk assessment, risk management, probation service, probation jobs, offender management jobs, offender rehabilitation jobs, court jobs, prison jobs, united kingdom, England, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Newcastle