Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Birmingham based client for an Empowerment and Engagement Coordinator to work with victims of violence and abuse. You will facilitate some organised activities, some ad hoc activities and some informal activities, in order to meet client needs around engagement and empowerment.
This role is offered on a full time basis – 37.5 hours per week.
2 days working 10am-6pm and 3 days working 9am-5pm. 1 weekend per month.
This is a fixed term contract to the end of March 2022 with a salary of £20,849 pro rata.
To apply, you must possess a full driving license and be willing to travel.
- To build community and connectivity and the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to live independently after refuge
- Use motivational interviewing and a solution focused approach to work directly with the women and children, whether face to face or via media platforms
- Foster a sense of community, welcome and safety using trauma-informed principles. Facilitate peer support and build engagement with staff, in order to reduce social isolation, build cohesive communities and to celebrate and share an understanding of equality and diversity
- Facilitate positive family experiences, peer support, community inclusion and interaction with agencies through organized activities
- Develop good working relationships and liaise with outside agencies to facilitate client knowledge of these services and client access to these services, for example developing agency drop-ins and in-house support
- Respond to general and specific needs of women and children living within the refuge, as well as having a planned approach to specific topics and themes that impact upon victims of violence and abuse
- Take a whole family approach, with activities centered around building positive family experiences, increasing family resilience and assisting in the development of strong family relationships, as well as supporting child health and well-being
- Through activities and community, address practical needs, e.g. employment, training and education, child educational needs and financial disadvantage, support health and well-being and build confidence, self-esteem and healthy coping strategies
- Minimum level 3 qualification in a related field.
- Good standard of general education, GCSEs English and Mathematics – Grade C or above
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately
- Experience of building and maintaining partnerships with other agencies
- Experience of facilitating group work
- Experience facilitating community events or spaces
- Understanding of trauma informed approaches
- Knowledge of the Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy and the gendered nature of violence
- Have knowledge around the indicators and dynamics of domestic abuse and other forms of interpersonal violence, including barriers to accessing services and seeking help
- Able to communicate effectively with and advocate for vulnerable people, particularly those faced with barriers to accessing support, including language, cultural and other barriers
- A feminist perspective on how gender, social, economic, race, cultural, linguistic, religious and sexual orientation issues may impact on people’s lives
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.