RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for an Accommodation Support Officer - Criminal Justice & Resettlement, covering Mid Devon and Exeter, for a national training provider.
This is a part time (18.5 hours per week), permanent role paying up to £24,801 per annum pro rata with the opportunity to progress through salary banding.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work in close partnership with probation practitioners in order to understand and respond to the specific and diverse housing needs of the participants.
- Engage with actual and potential referral agencies, authorities and organisations to facilitate relevant referrals to programmes / activities / services as required.
- Carry out timely initial face to face housing assessments taking account of risk situation and need in order to facilitate any appropriate actions and outcomes
- Construct an effective accommodation plan based on an initial assessment of the participants needs and abilities.
- Maintain contact with participants in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- Actively and collaboratively engage with participants in decisions that affect them, informing them of their procedural and representational rights.
- Identify and maintain focus on achievement of the desired outcomes for participants from the service being delivered.
- Develop effective stakeholder relationships with appropriate external groups, agencies and authorities in order to support participants housing needs and support requirements.
- Experience of group work
- Experience of working with a variety of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties.
- Be able to evidence experience of supporting resettlement activity within homelessness services
- Knowledge and experience of the work of the Criminal Justice System.
- Knowledge of Homelessness Legislation
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to input and retrieve electronic data and maintain computer-based information systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work respectfully, cooperatively and flexibly with others both on a 1:1 basis and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and conduct structured meetings with individuals or groups.
- Ability to contribute to the assessment and management of risk.
- Confident with the ability to exercise authority and reinforce boundaries in an appropriate manner.
- Good organisational and administration skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate others and facilitate learning in order to change attitudes and behaviour.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of delivering support services to complex and vulnerable groups
- Ability to achieve individual performance goals and/or contribute towards team and organisational targets.
- Must be able to work flexibly across the region, covering multiple offices and to work up to four unsocial shifts (including Saturdays) per week
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
You may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec - Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.