RSR Justice is a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
Contribute to the rehabilitation of service users and the reduction in crime by assessing, managing, motivating and enforcing Service Users subject to Court Orders with Unpaid Work requirements and by contributing to the effective delivery of Community Payback activity, in line with contractual and legislative requirements.
- Undertake induction interviews and restart interview for Service Users subject to Community Payback. This will include effectively communicating expectations, setting boundaries and gathering information that will inform assessments and referrals.
- Accurately assess and manage the risk of serious harm and risk of reoffending of individual service users based on various sources of information, provided by the service user and other agencies.
- Make appropriate placement decisions on individual service users, in discussion with service users, and by matching service user risk, needs and placement risk profiles.
- Undertake management of court orders to encourage service users to engage and achieve successful completion of sentences, including provision of information on the consequences of non-compliance
- Ensure that accurate information is gathered and recorded from all relevant sources.
- Undertake sentence planning and implementation and effectively address issues of noncompliance and enforcement of service users, in line with key performance indicators, policy and practice guidelines.
- Motivate, support and encourage service users appropriately to achieve successful completion of sentences, including setting clear boundaries, expectation and explaining the consequences of non-compliance and by promoting other opportunities to engage and attend.
- Attend and professionally represent the organisation at Magistrates’ and Crown Courts in contested breach prosecutions as a witness.
- Undertake dynamic assessment using appropriate risk assessment tools, and carry out reviews of risk, related needs and weighing these together with the sentence requirements, relevant policies and resources to achieve sentence implementation.
- Responsible for identifying and escalating cases to the PS where service users appear to present high risk of harm to the public, or where there are critical/complicated factors which require referral to a senior manager
- Provide support and guidance to external stakeholders, PS colleagues and service users in respect of Community Payback.
- Work with the wider Community Payback teams including field colleagues to support Community Payback delivery and performance and wider Communities teams to manage service users on Orders.
- Maintain electronic case files in accordance with policies and procedures including records of any contact with service user and ensure accurate data is input into the relevant IT systems in a timely manner enabling appropriate decision making to support the management of Court Orders
- Ensure information is shared with other agencies to reduce risk but in line with the Data Protection Act and other safeguarding policies.
- Use the relevant information systems and technology effectively, including for example NDelius, Word, Excel, E-Mail systems, internet etc., as required/appropriate.
- Engage in relevant training and assume responsibility for self-development.
- Actively participate in supervision and appraisal with the line manager, including performance and development reviews
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health & Safety Policies and procedures.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of the Equality legislation and the equality and diversity policy, ensuring that all staff and service users are treated with equity and fairness
- Undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people, who demonstrate personal/social problems.
- Experience of reinforcing positive behaviour during work with individuals.
- Experience in planning and coordinating work.
- Experience of motivating people to change
- Possession of competent IT skills and experience of using and maintaining databases effectively, knowledge of MS Office applications and a willingness to train on bespoke systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, both in a group and on an individual basis
- Ability to work systematically and with attention to detail, and deal with multiple responsibilities in a busy office environment
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders, PS colleagues and service users.
- Ability to represent London Probation confidently and positively in both formal and informal settings.
- Ability to provide excellent customer care
- Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with staff in other agencies
Community Payback operates over seven days a week, therefore there is an expectation of some weekend work and unsocial hours work.
You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
You will be able to communicate effectively with others including staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you, along with HMPPS EL1 Vetting and relevant PSO experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £100 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.