RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
- Do you want to help people change their lives?
- Are you interested in engaging and enabling groups of offenders on Unpaid Work Orders, helping them gain employment skills through positive work experience?
- Do you enjoy the outdoors or have skills in DIY, gardening, or other improvement projects?
RSR Justice are currently recruiting for Unpaid Work (commonly referred to as Community Payback) Supervisors for the Probation Service in London.
In this role you will supervise work groups of offenders serving a community sentence, working on varied projects that involve practical tasks providing reparation to the community.
We require candidates who are flexible to cover large geographical regions of London
We require candidates who have the flexibility to work on weekends, and whom can be available for ad-hoc shifts across the week.
In return we are offering attractive hourly pay rates, up to £22.00 per hour, and First Aid and Health and Safety training.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and supervising groups of offenders in community
- Conduct Pre-Placement Unpaid Work Induction sessions
- Conduct a start of the day ‘tool box’ talk to ensure all service users understand the task at hand and safe working practice and motivate and support service users to complete their Order
- Follow work directions within the project placement file
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are followed, alerting the relevant staff to any risk, ensuring that any associated paperwork is completed accurately and on time as required, including contributing to the review of placement risk assessments.
- Conduct daily dynamic risk assessments to ensure all hazards are noted and managed
- Ensure work is completed in line with expectations and any anti-social behaviour is challenged
- Monitor the attendance of service users and promote successful completion of hours.
- Maintain all service users’ records in accordance with organisational requirements ensuring that all information is updated onto the case management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contribute towards promoting Unpaid Work with colleagues, external agencies, Sentencers and the public.
- Evidence of commitment to team work
- Effective inter-personal skills with the ability to engage and supervise people constructively while maintaining boundaries
- Evidence of problem-solving within the workplace or similar environment
- Comfortable with lone working and use of initiative
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of safety at work, public protection and risk of harm in all aspects of work
- Basic knowledge of First Aid and willingness to undertake further training
- IOSH L3 or equivalent and a willingness to attend further training
- D1 Driving Licence and willingness to be a Minibus driver
All candidates are subject to security and identity checks prior to taking up post.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.