Are you interested in safeguarding the public purse as a Financial Investigator ensuring money reaches those most in need? Are you motivated to deliver the right outcomes in challenging situations? DWP could be the place for you. This is a hugely important public service and our challenge is bigger than ever.
If you’re currently a Financial Intelligence Officer or want to advance your Financial Investigator skills this is the perfect career move where we’ll
- Support you to achieve your FI Financial Investigator Accreditation and Accredited Counter Fraud Investigations Programme (ACFIP)
- Give you the autonomy and power to lead investigations
- Provide great benefits including an outstanding pension and a flexible work life balance
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Counter Fraud and Compliance Directorate (CFCD) on a team committed to tackling fraud, encountered through our Economic and Serious Organised Crime (ESOC) team. You will be at the forefront of tackling serious and organised crimes against DWP, which often has links into wider criminality of modern slavery, human trafficking and identity fraud.
You will use your Financial Investigator skills across multiple law enforcement agencies, on high profile and serious fraud operations involving many suspects in multi-million-pound criminality.
What will you do as either a Criminal or Financial Investigator
- Lead financial or criminal investigations into serious and organised crime alongside colleagues, law enforcement agencies and partners
- Conduct formal briefings with law enforcement agencies, including senior police officers and leaders on the likely impact of operations.
- Organise and participate in arrest, search and seizure procedures and undertaken advanced interviews
- Work closely with Crown Prosecution Service, lawyers and barristers to develop evidence requirements and act as the Disclosure Officer
- Give evidence in Magistrates and/or Crown Court and manage witnesses and victims during the investigation and prosecution process.
You’ll be able to
- Lead investigations at pace, with the ability to collaborate with internal/external partners
- Be flexible and positively embrace creative thinking to prosecute and disrupt criminal activity.
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and be able to make sound business decisions
- Good presentation and communication ability with excellent written/drafting skills.
- Excellent, planning, delegation and organisational skills, as well as strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Be able to build knowledge of the range of tools, techniques and technology used by organised crime groups to attack Government payment systems.
- Have the confidence and ability to deliver strategic operational briefings to large teams of partners e.g. Police, National Crime Agency (NCA) and Immigration colleagues.
Successful applicants for this role will need to undergo National Security Vetting to Security Clearance Level (SC)
Your benefits will include
- Generous annual leave
- Training and apprenticeships and up to 5 days’ personal development & learning allowance
- Flexible working
- Employee discount schemes
- Free wellbeing support
- Opportunities to make a real difference through joining forums, initiatives & charities
- Interest free travel loans
- Vodafone advantage discount scheme
- Highly sought after civil service pension
Location: Bromley, Harrow, Walthamstow, Basildon, Marylebone, Newcastle, Harrogate, Staines, Taunton, Treforest, Birmingham, Ilkeston, Glasgow, Liverpool
Post Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full time, Full time Part Year, Part Time, Part Time Part Year, Job share, Flexible.
If you’re interested you’ll find out more about the role here