Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Leicestershire based client looking for a Refuge and Resettlement Practitioner. The post holder will be responsible for acting as the single point of contact for service users in the refuge and once families move into local independent housing; to provide support to families; to promote children’s needs and provide dedicated support to them.
This role is full time, 35 hours a week, on a 3 month fixed term contract, which finishes the end of March initially.
The salary offered is £20,541 per annum.
- To assess the needs of the service users and develop appropriate support plans, including health and wellbeing needs
- Support families in accessing broader services, including housing, benefits and education
- Identify where children, young people and vulnerable adults are at potential risk and follow Safeguarding Procedures
- Work alongside the non-abusing parent in developing their parental skills and confidence. Provide fun, engaging and learning opportunities for children within the refuge
- To be the point of contact for children and young people within refuge
- To undertake all monitoring and report regularly on progress, including writing
- regular updates
- To assist in identifying gaps in service provision, and developing approaches to fill such gaps
- liaise closely with local partners, agencies, and key funders
- To act in accordance with the policies and practices of organisation. In particular to
- maintain the strict confidentiality of the Refuges
- To act in a fair and supportive way and positively promote equal opportunities
- and eradicate discrimination
- To attend all supervision, staff meetings and training days
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with general level of responsibility of this role
- Relevant qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent experience in Social Work, Youth Work, Teaching, Child Studies and other related fields.
- Working with families who have been affected by domestic abuse
- Experience of working with vulnerable families and assessing the needs of children & young people.
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies to enhance the services available to families
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Procedures, child development and children’s needs including a working knowledge of the Children’s Act legislation
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and internet
- Experience of maintaining accurate case records, up to date case files and being aware of the importance and significance of Data Protection and Confidentiality
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workloads and work to deadlines
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0203 119 3364.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.