RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a G5 Programme Manager. The purpose of the role is to manage delivery and support commissioning intentions within the Police & Crime Plan. Ensure the delivery of commitments on crime reduction, reducing reoffending and prevention working with communities and citizens as well community safety and criminal justice partner agencies to achieve MOPAC priorities.
Location: Union Street, London
Pay rate: PAYE/£28.05 Umbrella/ /£36.29
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensure the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime can effectively hold the Commissioner of the MPS and criminal justice delivery agencies across London to account via the collation and upward reporting of effective community / local intelligence, considered policy analysis and evidence-based challenge.
• Manage the establishment and maintenance of Safer Neighbourhood Boards in identified London Boroughs, giving local Londoners and victims a greater voice.
• Deliver programmes of work to deliver Mayoral commitments as set out in the Police and Crime Plan. These will include, but are not limited to:
o Mayor’s Action Plan for Transparency, Accountability and Trust in Policing
o Active citizenship and public engagement
o Independent Custody Visiting
o Stop and Search Community Monitoring
• Develop and analyse key policy issues in relation to active citizenship and public engagement, policing and community safety, advising the Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime as appropriate.
• Develop, administer and monitor MOPAC’s commissioning arrangements to ensure that the application of MOPAC funds effectively support the delivery of the police and crime plan.
• Work effectively with communities, stakeholders and partners across London to achieve MOPAC priorities.
• Manage effective custody oversight and identify areas for improvement by the MPS and MOPAC
• Produce, publish and deliver relevant Mayoral strategies, as set out in Police and Crime Plan. Contribute to MOPAC’s oversight of critical community issues, e.g. stop and search and hate crime
• Support matrix management arrangements as appropriate working to deliver a range of programmes and services whilst supporting work on priority policy issues.
• Help ensure that the Mayor, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and MOPAC fulfil their legal and audit related obligations, are statutorily compliant and respond efficiently and effectively to relevant London Assembly committees and sub-committees.
• Produce briefings and respond to correspondence in identified priority policy areas in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the effective management of the organisation and the development of a delivery culture which enables MOPAC to improve, innovate and effectively deliver the Mayor and Deputy Mayor’s commitments,
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with experience of effective programme management and policy development and implementation.
• Strong knowledge of public engagement, particularly in the context of policing and crime.
• Exceptional ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners.
• Able to plan and prioritises work, aligning resources to achieve local objectives. Distributes work fairly according to capacity, knowledge and skills where relevant.
• Ensures and encourages efficient working.
• Makes sound workload and deployment judgements to maximise efficiency appropriately.
• Communicates effectively and inclusively with customers, senior managers and team members. Ensuring clear, two-way communication through listening and responding appropriately, learning and sharing information.
• Shows initiative, personal resilience and motivation to deliver a quality service, demonstrating ownership over area of responsibility. Upholds legislation, regulations and policy, acting with integrity, and challenging those who do not.
• Manages a range of tasks, delivering to time and quality, and monitoring the performance of others where relevant.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV To Tomas.Keenan-Blair@rsg.ltd.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.