RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR are currently recruiting for an Enforcement Officer.
The job holder will undertake the full range of tasks involved with the enforcement of orders, post sentence supervision periods and licences at court, including the prosecution of contested breaches (the latter primarily in the Magistrates Court), the enforcement of Community Orders, Post Sentence Supervision periods and Licences.
Location: Thames and Highbury Magistrates Court
Contract: 3 Months (to be extended)
Work hours: 37 hours a week
Salary: £16.78 PAYE or £21.86 Umbrella
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties set out below:
- Reviewing, preparing and prosecuting breach cases including contested hearings
- Promoting compliance through effective engagement with offenders
- Liaising, providing information and advice to probation staff, criminal courts, criminal justice agencies and other partner organisations In line with NPS policies and procedures
- the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
If relevant to the role, some out of hours working may be required (i.e. Courts)
- To review all proposed enforcement action in accordance with NPS performance standards for legality and quality and provide timely feedback to the offender manager
- To enable the timely listing of cases to meet key performance standards
- To facilitate the issuing of a summons and make application for warrants in appropriate cases
- To ensure that information and witnesses are prepared in advance of all court hearings including trials
- To engage and negotiate with solicitors and service-users to enable the prompt conclusion of cases including undertaking pre-hearing case conferences
- To prosecute the full range of breach cases to a high standard, promoting the timely conclusion of the case
- To conduct trials in contested cases
- To liaise with internal staff and external partners to facilitate effective enforcement and provide information and advice as necessary
- To enable service-users to be interviewed post hearing to ensure that they fully understand the outcome and where necessary to arrange follow-up appointments
- To review outstanding warrants in accordance with NPS policy and procedures
- To undertake the range of probation work in the court setting, including the completion and oral presentation of Pre-sentence reports on cases where required
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- To provide cover to other courts and teams as required
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The job holder is expected to accept reasonable alternations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
If you would like to apply or want further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.