RSR is a public safety, Housing & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety & housing employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety, housing and enterprise security skills and experience.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of Black Country Women's Aid for a Modern Slavery Outreach Advocate to support potential victims of modern slavery by providing access to a range of specialist services to meet their physical, psychological and social recovery.
This is a permanent role, offering full time hours and a salary of £21,841 – £24,414.77 pro rata.
Full driving license and access to own vehicle is essential for this role.
- Deliver an effective system of regular contact, care, emotional and practical support to victims of national and international human trafficking/modern slavery, promoting confidence, independence, safety and security, to reduce the risk of being re-trafficked.
- Carry out effective and accurate preliminary risk assessments with potential victims referred into the service within KPI timescales, addressing and responding to any immediate safeguarding needs.
- Provide initial subsistence and a welcome pack to new clients and ensure that a full risk assessment, needs based assessment, history of abuse, health information and an initial journey plan is completed.
- Refer and support clients to access relevant services, attend relevant multi-agency meetings and work closely with other services to create the best outcomes for victims, including domestic abuse support services, substance misuse services, health services and mental health and wellbeing services.
- Provide one-to-one information and support to clients on a range of rights to meet victim entitlements.
- Address the complex and multiple needs of clients (and their children) who are victims of forced labour, sexual exploitation, domestic servitude, criminal exploitation and any other forms of exploitation.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients, follow safe lone working procedures and ensure that any issues in relation to safeguarding children or vulnerable adults are brought to the immediate attention of the Senior Advocate/Manager.
- Ensure that the nominated case management systems are accurately completed in a timely manner in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Educated to ‘A’ level/ Level 3 or equivalent, may consider level 2 if matched with a good level of experience GCSEs English and Mathematics – Grade C or above.
- Full driving license with willingness to use own vehicle - Frequent travel further afield, such as Croydon and Solihull.
- Experiencing of working within a needs-led service undertaking risk and needs assessment and support planning.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately.
- Experience of managing complex casework.
- Experience of working within a supportive setting for vulnerable people, homelessness/destitution.
- Have knowledge of: The indicators and components of human trafficking/modern slavery, issues facing victims of modern slavery, current systems in the UK that support potential victims, The National Referral Mechanism (NRM) and The Europe Convention on Against Trafficking in Human Beings (International Framework)
Role is subject to DBS check at the relevant level.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.