RSR Justice is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to providing top quality candidates and services to the offender rehabilitation and supervision work sectors.
RSR are currently recruiting for a Probation Service Officer.
If you have a passion for the criminal justice sector and are interested in offender rehabilitation then join the National Probation Service as a Probation Service Officer. This will give you the opportunity to work directly with a caseload of high risk offenders and the opportunity to make a difference to the life of numerous vulnerable and at risk people.
Contract: 3 months
Work hours: Full time
Salary: £17.59 PAYE - £22.92 Umbrella
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed as low or medium risk of harm and to support the Probation Officer grade in high risk cases
- Providing case management support, to contribute to the delivery of the Risk Management plan and report significant changes relating to risk of harm and/or of reoffending or any non-compliance within agreed enforcement procedures
- Using computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensuring effective referrals to services and facilities and communicate with offender management staff, interventions staff, service providers and external agencies to review progress and associated risks
- Undertaking prison, home or alternate location visits as required in accordance with service procedures and policies.
- Undertaking work in the court setting, including the completion of appropriate reports on cases and prosecution of breaches.
- Carrying out safeguarding duties with children in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- You will need to have prior experience as an offender manager to be considered for these vacancies
- You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required
- You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported
- You will be able to communicate effectively with others including Court staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team
A current Enhanced DBS check is required for this role, which we can process for you.
If you would like to apply or want further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.