Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a Probation Officer based in Maidstone, on a temporary ongoing contract. Post holders will undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders under supervision including assessment, sentence implementation and producing reports; utilising service procedures and practice directions to underpin professional judgement.
Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract: 3 months
Work hours: Full time
Salary: £20.30 PAYE - £26.45 Umbrella
- To provide professional advice and assessment, including written reports to courts, the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high.
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- To ensure timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises, prisons and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending
- To attend professional meetings and represent the NPS at appropriate partnership forums e.g. MAPPA, MARAC
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- To undertake prison, home or other alternate location visits as required
- Respond to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed
- To conduct mandatory alcohol and drug tests as required, and to follow prescribed medication procedures
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
- You must hold a Probation Officer qualification or be a qualified Probation Officer. In addition, successful candidates must hold the following: PQF Honours Degree/Graduate Diploma and Level 5 Diploma in Probation Practice; or Diploma in Probation Studies; or Diploma in Social Work (Probation option); or CQSW (Probation option)
- Experience of working with a wide variety of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties.
- Experience of working with diverse communities including promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- An understanding and appreciation of equality
- Experience of working with individuals and groups in order to motivate and change offending behaviour.
- Knowledge and understanding of the work of the Criminal Justice System and the Probation Service.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation and National Standards.
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and risk/needs assessment tools
- Experience of working with people who have committed offences.
- An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.