Red Snapper Recruitment are recruiting for a Customer Service Administrator for a local authority in South West England.
This is a short-term temporary contract until May 2024. It’s a full-time role working 37 hours per week, based in Torquay, and paying £11.18 per hour PAYE.
Purpose of Job
- To provide a friendly and efficient front-line customer enquiry service for the Council within the Customer Services Department working in the Call Centre the team is multi-skilled and has a comprehensive knowledge of Council Services to support customers and enable them to access services across a range of different channels.
- Working as part of a professional team of customer service advisors delivering first class information and advice provision you will be equipped through training and technology to answer any enquiry pertaining to the Council or its partner organisations whilst adhering to the Council’s core values and behaviours.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Deliver reliable customer service digitally, via telephone, face to face and in writing. Greet, direct and assist customers. Maintain records and information, including updating of information databases.
- Using on call scripts, customer records and work flow technology to enable the most effective customer journey.
- Resolving a significant proportion of customer queries at the first point of contact or routing them to the right team, providing accurate advice and guidance
- Promoting self-service and sign posting to additional services both internally and externally
- Accurately capture customer information. Identify customer needs and supply an appropriate range of options. Select, retrieve and supply customer service information.
- Work within the performance management framework for Customer Services, including working to individual and team targets.
- Taking payments over the phone where appropriate.
- Deliver and respond to customer enquiries using relevant knowledge of Torbay council services and the technology (e.g. A-Z, toolkits, internet) available.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/ system tools
- Follow set guidelines, processes and procedures
- Refer enquiries to service areas at an agreed level of complexity (per Service Level Agreement)
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of customer service improvements.
- To ensure that Data Protection legislation and Customer Confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that any requests made in accordance with the Freedom of Information act are identified and responded to in line with council policy.
- To ensure that contact centres are suitability presentable.
- To support team working through contributing to training and development activities and participate in training when required. This may include attending courses, workshops etc and working in other areas of the Council and their partner organisations.
- Adhere to rota duties, lunch breaks and working patterns to meet the needs of the service
- Effective Communication and listening skills to communicate information and advice.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Proven ability in gathering, interpreting, explaining, associating and applying information to meet customers’ needs.
- The ability to establish, maintain and develop effective working relationships with all Torbay Councils customers including, service users, delivery partners, council members and colleagues.
- Ability to use standard computer applications and a willingness to acquire new skills to support service need.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Demonstrate confidence and self-motivation.
- An up to date knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft applications
- Experience of working within a team in a paid or unpaid environment to provide a high standard of customer service through face to face contact, via the telephone, by email and in writing.
- Experience in gathering and using information to meet a customer’s needs
- A commitment to working in a way which promotes equal opportunity.
- Effective literacy,
- Excellent Keyboard/Telephone and Numeric skills.
- Evidence of a sound general educational background to at least GCSE standard or equivalent.
Note for candidates
You will be required to provide a supporting statement to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements of the role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Janet.Duhur@rsg.ltd.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR is a public safety, housing & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety & housing employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety, housing and enterprise security skills and experience.
Red Snapper Recruitment is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.