Red Snapper Recruitment (RSR) is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist.
We assist public safety employers find the right talent.
RSR Justice is a leading recruitment service provider for the offender management, specialist support and direct supervision roles.
We are working with Recoop to recruit a Buddy/Wellbeing Co-ordinator.
Recoop is a subsidiary within in the BCHA Group and a charity in its own right. Recoop aspires to be the leader in the delivery of knowledge and expertise to older people who come in contact with the criminal justice system, supporters and the staff who work with them. We will use the views of the people we work with to influence and direct the services that should be delivered.
Role: Buddy/Wellbeing Co-ordinator
Location: HMP Altcourse, Liverpool
Vacancy type: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week over 3 days
Salary: £22,366.50 - £23,965 per annum, pro rata.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work within the Contract, the policies, procedures and budgets set by the Recoop Board
- To work closely with the Service Manager/Buddy Lead and Recoop Management Team, supporting the development and delivery of work-streams during the life of the contract.
- To recruit, plan and deliver the Buddy Support Worker programme of training to prisoners, using the modules and resources available, providing a consistent, quality service.
- To ensure the organisational and individual statutory responsibilities are met with regards to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote the engagement and retention of Buddies through delivery, observations and supervision, providing support and follow up training where required
- Adhere to all prison health, safety and risk requirements including risk assessment of course delivery and Buddy engagement, adhering to Prison Service Instructions (PSIs) and all appropriate procedural requirements.
- To promote equality and diversity and appropriate Buddy conduct throughout all delivery and Buddy engagement.
- Schedule monthly Buddy Forums allowing for sharing of good practice and for concerns to be raised. Bi-monthly, the Forum should include Training opportunity in line with the Contract.
- Support prison / local authority staff to understand the training aspects and the importance of them being involved in supporting the programme.
- Work alongside nominated Wing Officers and Managers enabling them to support the Buddies on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that all files (paper and electronic) are maintained in a meticulous order for audit review purposes and maintaining accurate and complete records. All data and information relating to clients is accurate and shared in the appropriate way with key stakeholders
- Work with the Data Manager and other business growth partners within Recoop to develop consistent data and quality approaches and structures.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and review of materials and resources to ensure the package is flexible and responsive to the needs of the Buddies, developing new resources as required.
- Work with Prison / Social worker to identify additional training needs for the Buddy Support Worker and offering consolidation review training days for established Buddy Support Workers.
- Identify training needs and gaps, sourcing low / zero cost expertise from the community to provide additional training sessions.
- Develop risk assessment and Buddy suitability assessment process for security department.
- Recording of case studies to contribute to local, regional and national social policy debates and initiatives.
- Educated to at least “A” level or NVQ Level 3.
- Teaching or training qualification (PTTLS or equivalent) or willing to work towards.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
- 24 months experience of working with older people, individuals in the Criminal Justice system or a social care setting.
- Interview and assessment skills.
- IT Skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Practical approach to organising and time management.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and in writing with people of all levels
- Knowledge of current diversity issues.
- Working within a team environment and individually in order to reach team and business goals.
- Experience of arranging and delivering group activities and workshops.
- Confident in delivering group or one to one sessions.
- Familiar with working within quality assurance frameworks.
- Strong Administrative Skills.
- Excellent communication with ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and motivational skills.
- High levels of political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work remotely and on own initiative; outcome focused – emphasis on action, delivery, results and performance.
- Ability to be tenacious and solution focused.
- Ability to plan ahead, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a planned basis.
- Clear awareness of professional boundaries.
- A confident, professional and calm manner at all times, even under pressure.
- Highly motivated displaying initiative and determination.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to Rebecca.Poulton-Tonks@rsg.ltd
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay £75, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Justice is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Group is an equal opportunities employer.