Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Contract Performance Manager - TR - Humberside, Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire
Criminal Justice Skills
- Job Reference: T-POJ-170801-02
- Salary: £33,000pa
- Role Type: Permanent/Full Time
- Location: Based in either Humberside, Lincolnshire or N
- Skills: Relevant Degree minimum 2:1 award or equivalent and/or MBA graduate or equivalent is desired.
- Benefits: Pension plan, cycle to work scheme, flexible starting time, flexible working policy, 25 days holiday
Contract Performance Manager – Transforming Rehabilitation – Humberside, Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire
Criminal Justice Skills are recruiting on behalf of a client working in the justice business space and want a Contract Performance Manager to performance manage VSCE Delivery Organisations in the Humberside, Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire region and take responsibility for ensuring excellent performance on our public service delivery contracts delivered by our third sector supply chain.
- Prepare for and attend contract review meetings with commissioners, prime contractors and delivery organisations each month (or more frequently if required).
- In monthly Contract Performance Assessment meetings, review performance and opportunities for improvement with each delivery organisation, develop sets of actions and agree support where required.
- Manage the contracts and performance for 8- 10 Delivery Organisations depending on size and complexity.
- Oversee contract performance, quality and compliance and proactively identify and resolve any areas of underperformance with the delivery organisation to ensure the contract is delivered efficiently, on time and to the highest standard.
- Draft performance architecture as part of contractual negotiations including setting targets and KPI measures and reporting processes.
- Manage contract quality, performance and compliance and supervise any related activity.
- Formally identify risks and monitor regularly, with mitigating actions developed and indicated and resolved risks closed and archived as appropriate.
- Use the Contract Management Manual/TR Operating Manual to inform the supply chain as to how poor performance will be managed, how quality is assured, and how best practice needs to be shared.
- Investigate and resolve system failures and issues in a proactive way.
- Develop contingency plans to handle provider underperformance or failure and exit strategies which should be updated throughout the life of the contract.
- Ensure supply chain partners understand the training requirements for their staff and have access to that training.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders as required, for example, DO/CRC team meetings.
- Represent the organisation at relevant TR events, meetings and other justice forums as required.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from line manager/CRCs/Interserve in a timely manner as and when requested.
- Manage the accuracy and completeness of contract data and the contracts database.
- Ensure that each month the cycle of activities required is carried out efficiently, on time and to the highest standard.
- Responsible for managing other justice related work as appropriate.
- Deputise for the Senior Contract Performance Manager as appropriate.
- Report to Senior Contract Performance Manager on performance targets and plans to rectify any under performance.
- Any other reasonable management requests and duties commensurate for the role as required.
- Excellent skills in engaging and managing stakeholders, and building cross-sector relationships, ideally in a commercial context
- At least 3 years contract management experience, preferably within the Justice sector
- Excellent current understanding of contract management in third sector and public sector delivery
- Experience of managing third sector Delivery Organisations
- Knowledge of strategic, operational and business planning
- Awareness and commitment to equal opportunities and how to apply this to the field of contract management
- Conversant with the requirements of Health and Safety, and Data Protection legislation
- Excellent understanding of project management
- Strong user of Microsoft applications
- Experience of quality management and compliance
- Excellent contract management skills
- Supply chain management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent data management
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent decision-making and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong proficient interpretation skills for figures, statistics, regulations and policies
Relevant Degree minimum 2:2 award or equivalent and/or MBA graduate or equivalent is desired.
If offered an interview you will be required to:
- Disclose any unspent criminal convictions
- Provide documentation to prove your right to work in the UK
If offered the post you will be required to:
- Undertake a criminal record disclosure check
- Provide references for the past three years
- Provide evidence of your identity and address
If you are interested in the post please apply either using the link on the left hand side of this page or by emailing your CV and a short covering note to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12pm on September 14th 2017.
Criminal Justice Skills is a member of the Red Snapper Group. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a confidential service to candidates. The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Key words: contract management, project management, supply chain management, performance management, criminal justice jobs, probation jobs, offender management jobs, project manager jobs, transforming rehabilitation, Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Hull, Humberside, Lincolnshire, North East England, East of England, East Midlands