Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
CRC Probation Officer vacancies in London
Criminal Justice Skills
- Job Reference: T-POJ-171024-01
- Paye: £20.54 per hour
- Umbrella: £27.00 per hour
- Limited: £27.00 per hour
- Role Type: Contract/Full Time
- Location: London (various locations)
Criminal Justice skills are a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
Our agency is recruiting for experienced Probation Officers to work within the CRC in London.
We have vacancies in the following locations, please state your preference for location when applying;
- Tower Hamlets (female only caseload)
We are seeking experienced Probation Officers who can confidently manage their own caseload of Offenders.
Your duties will include:
- To supervise offenders in line with service standards, providing offender management and interventions which aim to reduce risks of harm and re-offending.
- To enforce orders and licences, prepare breach reports and attend court to present evidence if required.
- To work effectively with prisons in order to support the end to end management of offenders within prisons and the community.
- To organise and complete records of supervision and provide monitoring information, maintaining and using up to date administrative and information systems/technology. In line with service standards, policies and procedures.
- To contribute to offender learning activity requirements and other accredited programmes as relevant to your role.
- To take on specific responsibilities, representing the Service in maintaining links with external organisations identified as relevant to the achievement of service and team objectives.
- To participate in and contribute to supervision, performance appraisal and training programmes.
- To attend and participate in team meetings, contributing to the maintenance and development of the team and its performance
You will need to possess good IT skills and be able to ensure work is completed accurately within the timescales required. You will be able to multi-agency work to ensure the needs of the offender are supported.
You will be able to communicate effectively with others including Court staff and Offenders and have the ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies and your team.
A current DBS is required for this role, which we can process for you, along with a relevant qualification - DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay out £75 for any referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Criminal Justice Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
probation jobs, probation recruitment, probation officer jobs, probation officer, yot officer, youth offending officer, youth offending team, yot jobs, youth offending work, youth offending recruitment, London, greater London, south east