Work with offenders is a leading news, information and job site for the offender supervision and offender rehabilitation community. Our editorial team updates the news section with fresh, original and innovative news articles, features and comment on this important work community. The site is visited by every practitioner type which makes up the community from prison staff, rehabilitation health care professionals, probation professionals and the CJS business managers. Find out more...
Reducing Re-offending Partnership Co-ordinator
Criminal Justice Skills
- Job Reference: T-POJ-180202-01
- Paye: £19.00 per hour
- Umbrella: £23.97 per hour
- Limited: £23.97 per hour
- Role Type: Contract/Full Time
- Location: London
Criminal Justice Skills is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Criminal Justice Skills are currently recruiting for a Reducing Re-offending Partnership Co-ordinator for a London Borough Council.
The post holder will be reporting to the Community Safety Manager and will be responsible for developing and leading on the delivery of the Boroughs Reducing Reoffending Strategy.
The post will be based out of the council building but will also require work out of the local probation offices.
This is temporary contract for 11 weeks initially, but will be transferred to a 12 month fixed term contract should the post holder be successful across the initial 11 weeks.
The position is initially paying £18.50 per hour PAYE or £23.28 per hour Limited.
Main Purpose of Job
- To develop and lead on the delivery of the Offender Management Strategy. To build on and strengthen the Offender Management approach in the borough, with the aim to reduce the numbers of victims of crimes. The overall purpose of the role involves: -
- Developing effective working relationships with internal and external partners, key stakeholders and the wider Criminal Justice System and related bodies.
- Assisting the local IOM, London CRC and the wider Community Safety partnership in both an operational and strategic direction in line with MOPAC strategic and operational policies.
- Reporting on the progress of the IOM scheme against the set outcomes around reducing re-offending to the Reducing Reoffending Delivery Board.
- Review and oversee referral pathways between key partner agencies including mental health providers, physical health, housing, domestic abuse services, substance misuse services and Education/Training/Employment providers
- Co-ordination of the Reducing Re-offending Board.
- Co-ordination of performance data
- Developing a model of best practice of partnership to reduce re-offending within the borough.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Probation Studies or Diploma in Social Work or CQSW or equivalent
- Or over 3 years’ experience of working for either a criminal justice agency, such as Police or within the community safety partnership of a local authority.
- Post qualification work experience for a minimum of 2 years
- Evidence of professional development and training
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV and a short covering note to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Criminal Justice Skills is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Probation jobs, social work jobs, community safety, reducing re-offending, partnership working, multi-agency, MOPAC, MAPPA, integrated offender management, ETE, employment, training and education, domestic abuse services, housing jobs, health services, London, greater London, south east england